What is Waymaker Institute?
Waymaker Institute is a one-year program for high school graduates with a calling into ministry. Through academic classroom settings, coaching, and ministry training, we will challenge and give skill to the minds, hearts, and hands of the next generation of church leaders. Functionally, Waymaker Institute is a one-year gap program where students will receive academic and internship credits toward further education.
Who is Waymaker Institute for?
Waymaker Institute is for high school graduates who love Jesus and the local church and who have a desire to discern their calling into ministry.
What do I receive after graduating from Waymaker Institute?
Waymaker Institute students will receive a certificate of ministry stating their completion of the program. We are in the process of securing a transfer agreement with an accredited university. This means that our students will soon be able to transfer both academic and internship credit.
What are the application requirements?
- Official High School Transcripts
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- SAT / ACT Scores
- Video Submission
- Upon acceptance each student will have 30 days to submit their $200 reserve deposit
- Further detailed instructions will follow upon completion of the Waymaker Institute Application. Questions? Find more information here.
What is the application process?
- Complete a Waymaker Institute Application
- Submit the Ministry Experience Questionnaire
- Video Submission (Five-minute explanation of your testimony)
- Submit official high school transcripts along with ACT/SAT scores
How much does Waymaker Institute cost?
- Full Tuition Amount- $2,500
- Reserve Deposit- $200 (due 30 days after acceptance)
- Initial Tuition Payment- $500 due August 1st
- Tuition Balance- $1,800- Full balance/initial payment due September 1st (payment plan provided below)
Waymaker Institute’s initial payment is due on September 1st. However, we provide an easy to follow 9-month payment plan of $200/month. For more information, visit our Admissions page
Waymaker Institute does not provide housing for students. However, we have compiled a list of reputable housing options to assist in this process.
Is transportation provided?
All students are required to provide their own transportation.
Is there an age limit for students to attend Waymaker Institute?
The maximum age of a Waymaker Institute student is 25. The student meets the age limit if they turn 25 after the first day of the academic year.
What are the technology requirements?
Waymaker Institute requires that each student provide their own personal laptop with Office 365 compatibility.
What are the doctrinal beliefs of Waymaker Institute?
The doctrinal beliefs of Waymaker Institute are in line with the doctrinal beliefs of Waymaker.Church. View Waymaker.Church’s beliefs here
Can I transfer credits to another college?
Waymaker Institute is in the process of securing a transfer agreement with an accredited university. This means that our students will soon be able to transfer both academic and internship credit.